General Camp Policies
Our purpose here at Story Book Lodge Christian Camp is to share the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ with each camper. All young people are welcome to come to Story Book. We exclude nobody regardless of race, creed, or ability to pay. But we do require every camper to abide by certain rules to make Story Book a positive Bible camping experience.
- No electronic media is to be brought into the camp. This includes cell phones, MP3 players, radios, etc.
- No alcohol, cigarettes or illicit drugs are permitted.
Or do you not know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit whom you have from God and that you are not your own. You have been bought with a price. Therefore glorify God with your body. – I Corinthians 6:19-20
- All clothing must be modest. This means:
- Swimsuits should be one piece only. No high/low cuts.
- No mini-skirts, short dresses, short shorts, low tops, tube tops, or any type of exceptionally tight clothing. Counselors have permission (in consultation with the camp director) to request campers to change clothing if not within the above guidelines.
Likewise I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly. – I Timothy 2:9-10
- Obedience to camp authority is expected.
Obey your leaders and submit to them for they watch over your souls as those who will give account. Let them do this with joy and not grief, for this would be unprofitable to you. – Hebrews 13:17
Any teen that brings an automobile must turn the keys over to the office upon arrival.
Apart from emergencies (as determined by the camp staff), we do not desire for campers to use the phone. If necessary, parents may call the camp telephone number (218-865-4379) during these meal times: 8:30 am, 12:30 pm, & 5:30 pm. Letters are the preferred method of communication. The director will pass on any email communication with the campers. The email address to use is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Story Book Lodge